- Medical Terminology- This is a means of communication within healthcare. An understanding of the concepts related to suffixes/prefixes and everyday medical terms for diseases, procedures, and more will be developed.
- Anatomy- The study of body parts visible to the eye.
- Physiology- The study of the function of body parts and the body as a whole.
- Pathophysiology- Identifying the cause, treatment, and diagnosis of specified diseases.
- Diagnosis and Procedure Coding- Learn to select and assign the valid ICD-10 codes per the guidelines.
- HCC Coding- Hierarchical condition category coding is a risk-adjustment model designed to estimate future reimbursement costs for patients.
- CPT Coding- Current Procedural Terminology is a medical code set used to report medical, surgical, and diagnostic procedures and services to varying entities.
- Review and Application- There will be one month (approx. 20-26 hours) of intensive training to prepare for the rigorous examination. This includes practice charts to simulate the workforce. This will be a conclusion to the 6 month program.
Live online Course
Online hybrid course
Online lectures will occur on Saturdays or Sundays once a week from 9 AM-2 PM PST (12 PM- 5 PM EST), and the course will be completed in 6 months.
We will be utilizing a learning management system with an integrated live classroom that includes a blackboard, assignments, and exams. The lectures will be live and scheduled on a weekly basis. The platform includes a polling function as well as voice chat and instant messaging.
We want our students to be successful! Therefore, the lectures are mandatory and students are expected to be engaged with the coursework.
Our hybrid course is a combination of self-paced along with live.
We will give the students the opportunity to watch recorded lectures at their own pace for 6 months. However, there will be an instructor assigned to the course that will assist students so they are not on their own as they navigate the course.
The student must finish the course within the 6 month allowance.